Cranberry Appetizer Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a 3-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over meatballs. Serve warm. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry Appetizer Meatballs(5)
Sort By :
I used frozen meatballs and followed the recipe posted here for the sauce. Made this for Christmas and it was delicious! Plan on making this again for New Years. This is a keeper! Thank you!
Made this recipe for work New Year's Eve. Everyone wanted the recipe. The sauce is a perfect combination of sweet and tangy. I like the idea of using the little smokies. Next time I will make a double batch of sauce and make half meatballs and smokies. Thanks for the recipe.
I never make my own meatballs but use frozen ones instead. However, the sauce recipe makes a yummy accompaniment for the meatballs. I nuke the meatballs and keep them warm in an electric chafing dish.
I haven't made your meatball recipe yet, but I am going to next time I make meatballs but the sauce was EXCELLENT! I followed the recipe to a T and also added little smokies in the sauce with the pre-made meatballs...so YUMMY!! Didn't bring any home. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, as I have tried lots of different sauce recipes.
I've made this over and over with rave reviews from those who've eaten them. I even used this recipe to camouflage ground venison's gamey flavor. love this!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >