Cranberry and Spice Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Created by our Test Kitchen, moist pumpkin loaves taste of cranberry and spice and everything nice, and they freeze well, too.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the pumpkin, oil, egg, buttermilk, butter flavoring and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to three 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
1/2 loaf equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry and Spice Pumpkin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC