Cranberry and Spice Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the pumpkin, oil, egg, buttermilk, butter flavoring and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to three 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
1/2 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry and Spice Pumpkin Bread
"I dont get canned pumpkin where I live so how much pumpkin purer do I need."
"Great pumpkin bread. I used orange juice instead of buttermilk and baked in two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in mini loaves. It turned out very moist, soft and delicious. Next time, I'll double the recipe."
"Excellent. This recipe fills my pan that makes 8 mini loaves of bread. This is the perfect size for those bag lunches or breakfast on the run."