This dessert is perfect for that first autumn day you can feel a nip in the air. It’s full of sweet, crunchy fall flavors. —Lori Choquette, Holyoke, Massachusetts
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into pear mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, flax and salt. Stir in butter and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Crisp in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p61
Reviews for Cranberry and Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review