- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into pear mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, flax and salt. Stir in butter and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry and Pear Crisp
Sort By :
"I was intrigued by the ingredients and more intrigued as you are from Holyoke, Ma. I am a former resident from there. We had it for dessert this evening and will definitely make it again. Any more good recipies like that and please share them. Janet Keighley"
"I immediately went out and got the ingredients for this when I came across this recipe in the mag. Made it and got 2 thumbs up from the everyone at Family Sunday Dinner."