- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into pear mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, flax and salt. Stir in butter and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry and Pear Crisp
Sort By :
I was intrigued by the ingredients and more intrigued as you are from Holyoke, Ma. I am a former resident from there. We had it for dessert this evening and will definitely make it again. Any more good recipies like that and please share them. Janet Keighley
I immediately went out and got the ingredients for this when I came across this recipe in the mag. Made it and got 2 thumbs up from the everyone at Family Sunday Dinner.