My paternal grandmother used to make this for Christmas dinner. I'm not sure how many batches she made, as there were nearly fifty aunts, uncles and cousins in our family. I still make the recipe in memory of her, and it's still as good as I remember.—Janet Hurley, Shell Rock, Iowa
Recommended: Top 10 Fruit Salad Recipes
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor, cover and process cranberries until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pineapple and sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in the marshmallows, whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Ambrosia Salad in Best Holiday Recipes 2013 2013, p84
Reviews for Cranberry Ambrosia Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2015
"Wonderful tasting cranberry salad that receives rave reviews at family gatherings. We think our grandmother Stella used to make it. Enjoy!"