My paternal grandmother used to make this for Christmas dinner. I'm not sure how many batches she made, as there were nearly fifty aunts, uncles and cousins in our family. I still make the recipe in memory of her, and it's still as good as I remember.—Janet Hurley, Shell Rock, Iowa
Featured In: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor, cover and process cranberries until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pineapple and sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in the marshmallows, whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Ambrosia Salad in Best Holiday Recipes 2013 2013, p84
Reviews for Cranberry Ambrosia Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review