Bread pudding has been a family tradition at the holidays. This is an update to a recipe that's been in our family for three generations. The combination of white chocolate and amaretto mingled with seasonal cranberry is a favorite way to end any celebration.Jennifer Evans DaCastello, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans, optional
- 6 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and spices. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, pecans. Gently stir in bread; let stand until bread is softened, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat baking chips and butter over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cranberry Amaretto Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p71
Reviews for Cranberry Amaretto Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review