Cranberry Almond Sweet Rolls Recipe
Perfect for brunch or a festive luncheon, these delicious sweet rolls feature tangy cranberries, crunchy almonds and vanilla chips. I don't save them just for special occasions, though. They're fun to serve anytime!
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (11 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the hot roll mix and yeast packet with the sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in the warm water, egg and butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; sprinkle with cranberries. Set aside 1/2 cup vanilla chips for glaze. Sprinkle almonds and remaining chips over cranberries.
- 3. Roll up, starting with a long side; pinch edge to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- 5. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt reserved vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 377 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Almond Sweet Rolls
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC