Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad Recipe
If you want something new to try for your Thanksgiving menu, toss this salad together. Fresh spinach leaves are tossed with toasted almonds and dried cranberries and drizzled with poppy seed dressing. It's likely to become a holiday tradition at your house, too. - Michelle Krzmarzick Torrance, California
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss spinach, cranberries and green onions. In a small bowl, combine sugar, onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC