Cranberry-Almond Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 4 ounces almond paste
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons amaretto
- In a small saucepan, combine dried cranberries and amaretto. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat almond paste, half of the butter, and 1/4 cup sugar until well blended. Add remaining butter and remaining sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in fresh cranberries and dried cranberry mixture. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients; beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Almond Pound Cake(1)
Sort By :
This pound cake has been a Christmas Favorite every year since it first appeared in the Taste of Home Magazine. It's rich, tender, delicious, and all but melts in your mouth. I usually wind up making 3 or 4 bathes of the recipe, baking most of them in different sized loaf pans, to be given as gifts to family and friends, who look forward to receiving them every year. This is, without a doubt, the best pound cake we've ever had. I omit the glaze, because it's so rich already, and doesn't need more than a dusting of powdered sugar before serving.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >