Cranberry Almond Muffins Recipe
My youngest daughter, Elaine, made these wonderful muffins for breakfast when my husband and I were visiting her in Virginia. We just loved them, so now we enjoy them at our home. —Janice Pletscher, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup almonds.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; drop 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce into the center of each muffin. Cover with enough batter to fill cups three-fourths full; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC