Cranberry Almond Macaroons Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add extract; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar substitute on high until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in the coconut, cranberries and almonds.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Spread about 1 teaspoon melted chocolate on the bottom of each cookie. Place on waxed paper with chocolate side up; let stand until set. Yield: 11 cookies.
1 each: 91 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Cranberry Almond Macaroons
"Awesome recipe! Didn't have almonds but they were great without (will add them next time). If you like Almond Joys you will LOVE this recipe! I used organic sugar, organic unsweetened coconut and reduced sugar dried cranberries and they still had a great sweet flavor! Thanks for sharing!"
"I loved these! It was great that it made a small batch, just when you need a little nosh. :-) The almonds & cranberries were such an added bonus to the texure. Using dark chocolate for the bottoms was good too. Will be making again, and again."
"I have made this twice already and everyone that tastes them loves them. Wish you had the nutrition facts with the recipe though."