Cranberry Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped white candy coating
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, molasses and extract. Beat in sugar substitute. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and cranberries. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each loaf into 16 slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until firm, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 cookies.
1 each: 84 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry Almond Biscotti
"These are very good. I did use sugar (1 cup) instead of a substitute."