Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie Recipe
This recipe is a family treasure from Maxine Theriauit of Nashua, New Hampshire. "My grandmother made this treat for Christmas," she says. "It's much better than everyday apple pie."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and cranberries; stir gently. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p67
Reviews for Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
omg, never thought I would like cranberries..I have made this pie 3 times in 2 months, love the tart and nuts with the appples.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Cranberry Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Apple Pie >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >