Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie Recipe
This recipe is a family treasure from Maxine Theriauit of Nashua, New Hampshire. "My grandmother made this treat for Christmas," she says. "It's much better than everyday apple pie."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and cranberries; stir gently. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 453 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC