- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon half of the cranberry sauce over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cranberry sauce. Layer with remaining batter and cranberry sauce; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake in Farm and Ranch Living October/November 2009, p33
Reviews for Cranberry & Walnut Swirl Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review