Cranberry & Port Wine Chutney
Sweet-tart cranberry chutney complements roasted chicken, pork and duck. I also spread it on cold sandwiches showcasing leftover holiday turkey.—Kristen Weyant, York, Pennsylvania
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup port wine or cranberry juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or
- until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until
- chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
To Make Ahead: Chutney can be made a week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 121 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.