- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup port wine or cranberry juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry & Port Wine Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p43
Reviews for Cranberry & Port Wine Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2015
"What a delicious rich chutney - and very easy to make! I simmered it for 45 minutes, wanted it to be deeper in colour and thicker than it was after 30 minutes."