This tasty biscotti is studded with dried cranberries and crunchy pistachios. It's delicious with tea or coffee. —Diane Gruber, Sioux City, Iowa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, then extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set.
- Place pan on wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p17
Reviews for Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review