Cran-Raspberry Sherbet Mold
Folks who love the flavor of raspberries and cranberries rave about this tart molded gelatin salad. It's easy to make and pretty enough for company and festive occasions. I like to garnish it with whole cranberries and raspberries.
-Judith Outlaw, Washougal, Washington
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cranberries, raspberries, orange segments and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry
- sauce until smooth. refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly
- Fold in sherbet and lemon juice. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated
- with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill center with cranberries and
- raspberries, and serve with oranges and mint if desired. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 114 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.