When I was asked to bring cranberry dish to a holiday party, I created this recipe. The not-too-sweet sauce is also nice as a condiment or dessert topping.—Madeline Farina, Leola, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, cranberry juice, water
- and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes or until cranberries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Add ice cubes; stir until melted. Gently fold
- in raspberries. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.