When I was asked to bring cranberry dish to a holiday party, I created this recipe. The not-too-sweet sauce is also nice as a condiment or dessert topping.—Madeline Farina, Leola, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, cranberry juice, water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Add ice cubes; stir until melted. Gently fold in raspberries. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cran-Raspberry Sauce in Reminisce November/December 2005, p 49
Reviews for Cran-Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review