Jewel-toned fruits team up to pack this pretty pie with festive flavor. The recipe is one our four grown children especially enjoy when they come home for family holiday meals. —Verona Koehlmoos, Pilger, Nebraska
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, raspberries and extract.
- Combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add to fruit mixture; toss
- gently to coat. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of
- plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.