Jewel-toned fruits team up to pack this pretty pie with festive flavor. The recipe is one our four grown children especially enjoy when they come home for family holiday meals. —Verona Koehlmoos, Pilger, Nebraska
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, raspberries and extract. Combine the sugar, tapioca and salt. Add to fruit mixture; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Raspberry Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cran-Raspberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review