Cran-Raspberry Jam Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. Pour into a Dutch oven. Add raspberries and cranberries; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
2 tablespoons: 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Cran-Raspberry Jam
"I see "still in thyme" in the directions, but not on the ingredient list. Should thyme be added, and if so , how much?"
"Hi, Marjilee,I'd like to try this recipe for Cran-Raspberry Jam. However, I can't find sweetened frozen raspberries in my area, only non-sweetened. Any idea how much additional sugar I'd need for the jam to be sweet enough? Thanks, Judie "
"the cran-ras jam is a perfect blend of the tart-sweet-chunky-seeded that is a good spread on almost any baked good."