I'm sure to pick up extra bags of cranberries for the freezer in fall so that I can make this lovely, delicious jam all year-round. My kids love it on peanut butter sandwiches. Jars of this pretty ruby-colored jam also make great gifts.
-Marjilee Booth, Chino Hills, California
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to
- measure 1-1/2 cups. Pour into a Dutch oven. Add the raspberries,
- cranberries and pectin; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring
- constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1
- minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.