Cran-Raspberry Jam Recipe
I'm sure to pick up extra bags of cranberries for the freezer in fall so that I can make this lovely, delicious jam all year-round. My kids love it on peanut butter sandwiches. Jars of this pretty ruby-colored jam also make great gifts. -Marjilee Booth, Chino Hills, California
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. Drain raspberries, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. Pour into a Dutch oven. Add raspberries and cranberries; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC