I'm sure to pick up extra bags of cranberries for the freezer in fall so that I can make this lovely, delicious jam all year-round. My kids love it on peanut butter sandwiches. Jars of this pretty ruby-colored jam also make great gifts.
-Marjilee Booth, Chino Hills, California
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to
- measure 1-1/2 cups. Pour into a Dutch oven. Add raspberries and
- cranberries; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high
- heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling
- boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Immediately stir in thyme.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and
- adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims.
- Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 6 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium,