You'll love the sweet-tart flavor and beautiful ruby-red color of this chunky fruit salad from Katy Jarvis of Bear Creek, Wisconsin. "It's great served with a Thanksgiving turkey or with most any kind of meat," she writes.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Place cranberries, jam and
- gelatin mixture in a blender or food processor; cover and process
- until cranberries are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; stir in
- pineapple. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and spreadable fruit) equals 58 calories, 30 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.