Cran-Orange Swiss Chard
Here's a holiday side dish with lots of flavor. It's something different to add to the table! —Joan Jackaman, Nobleton, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chard; saute
- for 3-5 minutes or just until wilted.
- Stir in the orange juice, cranberries, salt and pepper; cook for 1-2
- minutes or until cranberries are softened. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.