Cran-Orange Swiss Chard Recipe
Here's a holiday side dish with lots of flavor. It's something different to add to the table! —Joan Jackaman, Nobleton, Ontario
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chard; saute for 3-5 minutes or just until wilted.
- 2. Stir in the orange juice, cranberries, salt and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until cranberries are softened. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC