Cran-Orange Ribbon Dessert Recipe
I dress up vanilla ice cream with cream cheese and orange juice concentrate before spreading it over a quick homemade crust. The delicate ribbon of cranberry sauce adds a touch of elegance to each serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar. Stir in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add ice cream Gradually beat in orange juice concentrate; spread half over crust. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining ice cream mixture.
- 3. In a food processor, combine cranberry sauce and almond extract; cover and process until blended. Spread half over ice cream layer. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Layer with the remaining ice cream mixture and cranberry mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 372 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC