Cran-Orange Pork Medallions Recipe
"Talk about versatile recipes! This is a long-time family favorite just as it is, but occasionally, I jazz up the recipe with jalapeno peppers and fresh ginger. I’ve also made it with peach preserves and dried cherries for a delicious change of pace," notes Julie Wesson of Wilton, Wisconsin.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the salt, garlic powder, coriander and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet, saute pork in oil for 3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in pan juices for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the marmalade, orange juice, cranberries and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return pork to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Pork Medallions in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Pork Medallions(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >