Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Dried cranberries, coconut and orange makes this crisp, chewy oatmeal cookie a real standout.—Ellen Woodham-Johnson, Matteson, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and extract.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 107 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC