Dried cranberries, coconut and orange makes this crisp, chewy oatmeal cookie a real standout.—Ellen Woodham-Johnson, Matteson, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p88
Reviews for Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2014
"These cookies are wonderful!! I baked them yesterday and the orange aroma filled the kitchen as they were baking. These will be one of my staple Christmas cookies."