Cran-Orange Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Brush over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Muffins
"Not too sweet not too tart, my grandchildren loved them."
"Cranberry and orange are a great combination, and the glaze gives the muffins a sticky sweet finish!"