- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Brush over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p36
Reviews for Cran-Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2015
"Not too sweet not too tart, my grandchildren loved them."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2015
"Cranberry and orange are a great combination, and the glaze gives the muffins a sticky sweet finish!"