These morning goodies go together in minutes. With a shiny citrus glaze and tangy berries, they get gobbled up just as quickly.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Brush over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p36
Reviews for Cran-Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review