- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Transfer 1 cup dough to a small bowl; stir in orange peel and set aside. Add the cranberries, pecans and food coloring if desired to remaining dough; divide in half.
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with waxed paper. Press one portion of cranberry dough evenly into pan; top with orange dough, then remaining cranberry dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove dough from pan; cut in half lengthwise. Cut each portion into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Icebox Cookies(4)
Sort By :
love this recipe. Made it for the first time last year. When I sliced the cookies I used a tomato slicer. Held the dough while I sliced.
This was my favorite new holiday recipe.
They also looked just like the picture. Yum!
So tasty and easy to make. These are a do over
Subbing the orange for lemon is also very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cranberry Cookies >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >