Cran-Orange Gelatin Salad Recipe
After seeing this gelatin salad in a flier, I decided to make it lighter. I like to serve it as a fruit salad, but others may like it for a sweet treat. —Eva DeWolf, Erwin, Tennessee
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed salt-free pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; set oranges and juice aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until melted. Add enough cold water to the reserved juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; add to gelatin mixture. Stir in oranges. Chill until partially set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar substitute until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 3 hours or until set. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 183 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Gelatin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC