Cran-Orange Delight Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring, optional
- 1 carton (12 ounces) cranberry-orange sauce
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl combine the cranberry-orange sauce, pudding mix and orange juice. Fold in whipped topping.
- 4. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Delight
"Cranberry-orange sauce is generally sold as a frozen product. It may be seasonal and only available in the fall in some stores. Indian Trail is one brand to look for.If that can't be found, you could use whole-berry cranberry sauce and add 1-2 teaspoons of orange zest, or to your liking.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Can you use cranberry orange relish? I don't know of any avail in stores, but have made it many times..."
"I was wondering the same thing. That is not something we have in the stores here in the South. Wonder if we could use cranberry sauce and add orange zest or chopped orange."
"What is cranberry orange sauce and where would one find it? I've purchased canned cranberry sauce, but don't know what kind of "carton" to look for regarding cranberry orange sauce. Please post if you can help. Thank you!"