This is a recipe I put together just a few weeks ago, and my family really likes it. This cake is so moist and refreshing, and it's rather easy to make. It's the perfect dessert on an Indian summer day.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring, optional
- 1 carton (12 ounces) cranberry-orange sauce
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl combine the cranberry-orange sauce, pudding mix and orange juice. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Delight in Country October/November 1993, p47
Reviews for Cran-Orange Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review