Cran-Orange Coconut Cake Recipe
I am sharing this popular dessert as part of my Easter menu, but it's a recipe I use throughout the year. The bundt cake serves a group and is always well received at parties and potlucks.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and orange juice. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until juice is absorbed. Remove from the heat. When cool enough to handle, finely chop cranberries. Place in a small bowl; add pecans, orange peel and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in coconut.
- 3. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon half of the cranberry mixture over batter. Repeat layers. Carefully spread remaining batter over cranberry mixture.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Coconut Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC