Cran-Orange Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine yogurt and cereal; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the orange juice, honey, butter, egg and orange peel into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Yield: 17 muffins.
1 each: 161 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Bran Muffins
"This is a fabulous muffin. You can feel like you are eating healthy with this one. Very light and tasty. I will be using this one often."