Cran-Orange Bran Muffins Recipe
With their pleasant orange-and-cranberry flavor, these moist muffins from Kera Bredin of Vancouver, British Columbia make a great lunch-box stuffer or after-school snack.
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups 100% bran cereal
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and cereal; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the orange juice, honey, butter, egg and orange peel into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Yield: 17 muffins.
Originally published as Cran-Orange Bran Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p21
Reviews for Cran-Orange Bran Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2010
This is a fabulous muffin. You can feel like you are eating healthy with this one. Very light and tasty. I will be using this one often.