Cran-Marnier Truffles Recipe
Silky smooth chocolate is studded with bits of dried cranberries in these luscious truffles. It is the perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration.—Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Baking cocoa, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in dark chocolate until melted. Stir in marshmallows, Grand Marnier and orange peel until blended. Stir in cranberries. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
- 4. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Or roll undipped truffles in cocoa if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 truffle: 96 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cran-Marnier Truffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC