Cran-Marnier Truffles Recipe
Silky smooth chocolate is studded with bits of dried cranberries in these luscious truffles. It is the perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration.Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Baking cocoa, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in dark chocolate until melted. Stir in the marshmallows, Grand Marnier and orange peel until blended. Stir in cranberries. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set.
- Roll truffles in cocoa if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Marnier Truffles in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p71
Reviews for Cran-Marnier Truffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >