Cran-licious Christmas Punch
Here's a punch that both adults and children will enjoy. The fruity flavors are especially refreshing!Helen Roland, Miami, Florida
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups water
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium
- heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Strain mixture through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a
- spoon; discard pulp and spices. Stir in juices. Refrigerate until
- Just before serving, place mixture in a punch bowl; stir in water and
- ginger ale. Yield: 18 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.