Cran-licious Christmas Punch Recipe
Here's a punch that both adults and children will enjoy. The fruity flavors are especially refreshing!—Helen Roland, Miami, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups water
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Strain mixture through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a spoon; discard pulp and spices. Stir in juices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, place mixture in a punch bowl; stir in water and ginger ale. Yield: 18 servings (about 3 quarts).
3/4 cup equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC