Cran-Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute the apricots, cranberries and onion in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 380 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.