Cran-Apricot Pork Chops
The bright jewel colors of cranberries and apricots make these chops something special and reflect the stunning fall foliage in Vernon, Connecticut, writes Dora SantoChristo. A splash of wine lends a lovely warm aroma as they cook.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on a
- broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute the apricots,
- cranberries and onion in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 380 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.