For an extra special jelly during the fall season, try this recipe. The apples and cranberries compliment each other well.—Ball brand and Kerr brand home canning products
Recommended: 40 Condiments You Can Make at Home
- 1 pound apples (about 6 small)
- 4 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and chop apples. Combine apples, cranberries, brown sugar and water in a Dutch oven. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts and cinnamon; cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Relish in Country Woman July/August 1996, p41
Reviews for Cran-Apple Walnut Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review