- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking sdoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat the egg, egg whites, brown sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; stir into applesauce mixture just until blended. Fold in the apples, cranberries and walnuts. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Walnut Cake
Sort By :
This is excellent! Very moist and easy to make.
This is a wonderfully moist and tasty snack cake. The cranberries really bring it to life. A++
Great recipe. I had frozen cranberries, so I just tossed them in the food processor and coarsely chopped instead of cutting them in half. A real time save and it tasted great. Sprinkling with powdered sugar just before serving is a must. If it sits too long the powdered sugar dissolves so it can't be seen.
Re: Cran-Apple Walnut Cake
Great recipe. I was short on brown sugar, so I substituted with the Splenda Brown sugar and it was great. Question: I see that beverlymrickert used dried cranberries. Did she soak them in water first or were they added right from the package?