- 2/3 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; lightly brush with butter (keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to keep from drying out). Fold dough in half widthwise, making a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle; lightly brush with butter. Cut dough in half lengthwise, making two 9-in. x 3-1/2-in. strips.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of apple mixture on the lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, to the end of the strip. Lightly brush with butter, making sure all edges are sealed. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and filling to make six more turnovers.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Turnovers in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p54
Reviews for Cran-Apple Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Turnovers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Greek Desserts >
- Greek Recipes >