Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet
“This quick and easy skillet meal has such wide appeal that it will become one of your favorite go-to recipes.” —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, combine apples, cider, broth, cranberries and
- nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes
- or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in turkey and stuffing mix. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until
- liquid is almost absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 267 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer