“This quick and easy skillet meal has such wide appeal that it will become one of your favorite go-to recipes.” —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, combine apples, cider, broth, cranberries and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in turkey and stuffing mix. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review