Here’s a festive twist on traditional holiday cranberry relish. Says Jody Bauer of Balaton, Minnesota: "This salsa packs a tart-sweet blend of fresh flavors, goes together in simply minutes and the colors are beautiful! We think it makes the perfect party dip to celebrate the season."
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, process the cranberries, apples, red pepper and onion in batches until coarsely pureed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the sugar, apple juice, cilantro, jalapeno and lime peel. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Salsa in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review