Cran-Apple Salsa Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, process the cranberries, apples, red pepper and onion in batches until coarsely pureed.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the sugar, apple juice, cilantro, jalapeno and lime peel. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 45 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.