Cran-Apple Salsa Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, process the cranberries, apples, red pepper and onion in batches until coarsely pureed.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the sugar, apple juice, cilantro, jalapeno and lime peel. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 45 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Salsa
"If I make this again, I'd make it the night before for a noonish occasion or early in the A.M. for an evening. The longer it sat the better it got. I took it to a pot luck and it went over okay. It was a lot of work for something that didn't make you say "wow""
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.